EATON xComfort motion sensor - CBMD-02/01 or CBMD-02/02
EATON xComfort motion sensor can be integrated into the general xComfort system and will help with security by monitoring the movement in the rooms as well as automating certain functions: Lighting, Blinds control, scenario activation / deactivation.
- Color: white or black
- Very easy installation
- Apparent or buried installation
- Includes round frame or 55x55 mm universal size appliance frame
- Power supply: 220V or 5V battery (with a lifespan of up to 5 years)
- Multicolor LED for signaling battery discharge or network connection
- Mounting: with screws or adhesive tapes (included in the package)
- 100% compatibility with the xComfort RF system
SMART automation with the xComfort universal motion sensor
Functions and features
Robust and proven Eaton xComfort technology powers this truly universal motion sensor based on PIR. With its state-of-the-art design, electricians can offer smart, motion-based solutions to save energy, increase comfort and safety. The universal motion sensor is available in 2 different colors - pure white and black - and supports up to 4 different mounting methods:
? Buried in the ceiling in a mesh box. Using the round front cover plate.
? Surface mounted, screwed. Using the round cover plate + surface mount adapter.
? Surface mounted, glued. Using the round cover plate + surface mount adapter.
? Embedded in a device box in combination with a universal frame of 55x55 mm WA. Using the 55x55 mm cover plate.
The xComfort universal motion sensor is a complete solution for motion detection as a means of controlling lighting and
climate, which leads to increased energy savings for the homeowner.
Examples of typical applications:
- Energy saving: use less energy with the xComfort universal motion sensor. After a defined period after leaving the camera, xComfort Universal Motion triggers the controller to set the heating to economy and later to standby. The heating is changed back to comfort when re-entering the room.
- Lighting automation: the lights are turned off automatically (or dark at a certain level) when leaving the room or the lights are turned on again when entering the room. Thus, they are never left on unnecessarily.
- Increasing comfort / safety: By controlling the lighting with the help of the universal xComfort motion sensor, unsafe situations are prevented due to poor lighting conditions
- Safety: Motion detection and notification when the "away from home" mode is set, thus scaring unwanted visitors by triggering xComfort controllers to turn on all the lights and open all the blinds. At the same time, a corresponding alert is automatically sent to mobile devices
Maximum mounting flexibility is guaranteed by the wireless properties of the device. Is power provided? of a CR2450 battery with a long life? battery usage up to at 5 years. The battery can be easily replaced without the need for sophisticated knowledge or tools (a screwdriver is required). In addition, for applications where battery-free operation is required or there are power cables, the universal motion sensor can also be powered directly from the mains (230 VAC).
During daily operation, the multicolor LED warns of the low battery charge status and thus the need to replace the battery or
other corrective actions required for proper operation.